This easy and versatile rub is perfect to make ahead of time for marinating pork, chicken, or hearty vegetables like potatoes. TIP: marinate your meat or produce a day or two before cooking for best flavor.
- 1 Tbsp toasted fennel seeds
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves, lightly chopped (or 1 Tbsp dried thyme)
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, lightly chopped
- 4 medium minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan or sea salt, (plus extra for seasoning)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Put fennel seeds, peppercorns, thyme, rosemary, garlic and 2 tsp salt into a spice grinder or coffee grinder. Grind to a paste. Scoop the mixture into a bowl and mix in 2 Tbsp olive oil.
Lasts for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.