1 1/2 cups Alexandre 6% Whole Milk
1 1/2 cups Alexandre Heavy Cream
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Nutmeg, grated
1 tsp Lemon Rind
4 Alexandre Eggs
¼ to ½ Cup Local Honey
1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325. Scald the milk and cream in a saucepan over low to medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add salt, nutmeg and lemon
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs for 1 minute.
- Drizzle the hot cream mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly. Add honey and vanilla and stir thoroughly to incorporate.
- Pour the custard into 6 ramekins, and place in a deep baking dish. Pour boiling water into the baking dish until it reaches about 3/4 of the way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake custards for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the custard comes out clean.
- Remove ramekins from baking dish and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Serve by themselves, topped with whipped cream or flamed caramelized sugar.